Tuesday 30 June 2015

Red Lobsters For Red

I have now had my rescue pup Red for a year and a half (time really flies)! I remember that on the way to go and get him we wanted to stop off and pick up all of his supplies, like excited new parents we picked matching bowls and leads and collars... plus a whole bunch of toys and chews to spoil our new dog with and help him settle in at home. So for the last year and a half he has been wearing a simple red collar from Pets At Home and the matching red lead and harness. They are all made out of nylon webbing, which has proven to be extremely durable. The price range for these product is also really affordable ranging between £5 and £16 each. Whilst they are completely usable and strong still, they are starting to look a little worse for wear. There are some silver eyelets coming of the collar and the padding from the collar and the harness have become brittle and completely fallen off.

So I thought I would treat Red to some new fresh threads. Immediately I went to Etsy and (no lie) I spent hours looking for the perfect set. Of course everything he wears has to be Red and I was looking for something a little bit quirky and fun whilst being hardwearing and durable.

I ended up falling in love with this red collar and lead with a white lobster print running along it from the store Shelly Creations.

Everything on her store is hand made with cuteness and comfort in mind for your pup.


I ordered both on the 23rd and they were coming from Boston USA to Falmouth in Cornwall via USPS. They arrived on the 30th!! Very very impressed with how fast Shelly had the items dispatched to me and how fast they arrived at my door. I think I payed roughly £7 for both items to be shipped to me and considering how affordable the items are I was very happy with the overall amount that I paid for them.

The material is lovely. It is cotton that has been supported and strengthened by having a couple of layers of medium weight interfacing sandwiched on the inside before being sewn together. Sturdy box seams have been used to make sure all of the hardware will stay intact.

The D ring (used for attaching the lead) and the clip on the lead feel like very decent quality metal (steal that has been nickel plated I think). The buckle and adjuster on the collar are made of a lightweight black plastic that seem to be quite sturdy (however my pup is a rough player so I'm hoping they won't become brittle over time and start to crack.)

Another thing that I really like about the lead is that it is a really decent length... 5 1/2 ft. Again because of the cotton material and interfacing core it is very light, strong and very comfortable to hold and wrap around your hand/ wrist.

Overall I am so excited about Red's new accessories and I am over the moon with how cute the lobster print is on him. The shopping experience at Shelly Creations has been wonderful, she was very quick to answer any questions I had and got the products dispatched to me very quickly... And to top everything of your pup gets to wear some fancy new threads that have been handmade with a lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment