Sunday 19 October 2014

First Impressions- The Body Shop Liquid Liner

Winged liner is one of those looks that just seems to work on everyone. It can really dress up a look and make it statement or a well applied winged liner can really help you look like you have put more effort in with your makeup than you actually did that morning. No doubt its a hard one to master but I think it's something that everyone should try out and have fun with!

I used to wear a winged liner almost daily and was able to get a  beautiful winged eyeliner in no time at all. Recently though, it is rare liner even makes an appearance in my makeup looks. But when I was browsing The Body Shop's online store something kept drawing me back to the liquid eyeliner. I ended up ordering it in shade 01Black for £9.

The Body Shop Liquid Liner, Shade 01 Black

As with the majority of Body Shop make-up, the packaging is simple and sleek. Silly as it seems packaging definitely does influence the way I choose and use products and this eyeliner is a definite win.

The Body Shop Liquid Liner, Shade 01 Black

When I applied this product for the first time I noticed that it wasn't going on completely opaque. It has a felt tip brush that is quite stiff and doesn't have much flex in it. I think this is why the line wasn't applying opaque all the way across the lid, the tip was almost scraping it off as it was going on. After a second touch up coat though the product did look very dark and it dried matte unlike if you were to use a gel liner.

The Body Shop Liquid Liner, Applicator

The Body Shop Liquid Liner,  Swatches (top line is still wet but you can see in the second and the third how matte it dries).
I wore the product all day and it did not budge, not one single bit. There was no smudging or flaking of any kind. When it came to removing the product, my all over face wash didn't quite get it all so I would suggest using a eye make-up remover for this one to prevent you having to rub at your eyes and pull at that delicate skin.

For me the thing I like the most about this product is the way it lasts so well all day, I have had liquid liners in the past that would flake very easily but with this one when you put it on it stays on. Downsides, the applicator could do with having a little bit more give in it so that the product goes on more evenly.

The last product that I will be reviewing from my little Body Shop haul will be the All In One Face Base.

What's your favourite way to wear a winged liner?

No comments:

Post a Comment