Thursday 11 December 2014

Full Review- The Body Shop All in One Face Base

Hi all!

So for the first time that we started A Life Compendium, I failed to get a blog post up on Sunday! I have to admit it was just one of those things that I had completely forgotten to think about it that week, with it being my last and possibly busyness week at uni before Christmas.

But I plan to make it up to you with a review and then on this Sunday coming I will hopefully be getting up a post about getting the Christmas tree for myself, Jacob and RED's flat! That's right your going to get two posts this week to make up for my lack of blogging last week.

First of all lets talk about the product. It's by the Body Shop, which is fantastic because you know that  it has not been tested on animals and you also know that it is going to be a very nice looking product, which this definitely is. On the website it is sold for £14 which for me, someone who is always on a budget, is a bit much for me. In general for my everyday foundation I spend between £6- 8.

The Body Shop All In One Face Base

They also state on the website that you can 'Use dry for a light matte finish, or wet for high coverage.'

The Body Shop All In One Face Base
When I first applied it, I used it on a big brush on bare moisturised skin to see how it would handle taking away some shine. I have to say at first it felt very dry on my skin, but as I wore it, this did disappear somewhat. It did take away the shine however didn't leave me with much if any coverage.

The Body Shop All In One Face Base
After this I then tried applying it dry with the sponge inside of the compact. I did achieve some coverage with the sponge however I would still describe it as light. On the site next to the product they have a video showing you how you can apply this with a damp sponge to get the high coverage. I ran the sponge under the tap and then rang it out so the it was barely damp. I then took the product from the compact and applied it to my face. 

It caked up on my face, on the sponge and in the pan almost immediately. Whilst the coverage on my skin was much higher it looked cakey and chalky. And oh my life did it feel dry. I had noticed how drying it was when I was just dusting it on my face but with so much on I could feel it sucking every once of moisture out of my skin. I was not a fan! 

So here is my overall run down of the product. I tried to colour match online and this is always tricky however I do feel that when it arrived it was much lighter than the swatch on the website. I purchased shade 06 and it was much too light for my complexion. The price was a little bit of a spend for me and I would not be likely to spend that much again on an everyday foundation. I think it works well as a mattifying powder and does take away shine nicely, so if I were to purchase it again it would be to use as a powder over the top of a liquid foundation. If you are looking for a high coverage matte powder foundation, I would not recommend. I could not get it to apply nicely to my skin, you would have to use ALOT of product to do your whole face. I think it would be very drying if you were to use it like this every day. Lastly I would like to point out that I have been using this product 4/7 days a week for maybe about 3 months, never in a very heavy application,  and I have already HIT PAN! That really does not impress me. My go to liquid foundation that I will probably go back to last twice this amount of time easily.

For me this product is a no go. I will definitely be checking out some other products from the Body Shop as I am relatively new to their products but for me this one is definitely not going to be repurchased.

Hope some of you found this helpful, if you have any recommendations for product for me to try please leave them on our Facebook page, Google + or leave us a comment below.

Love as always! 


No comments:

Post a Comment