Sunday 21 December 2014

Tips on Packing Light

Hi all!

So this Monday I will be travelling home to celebrate Christmas with my family. The last time that I went home was about 2 years ago! So I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and of course family.

I will be there for about a week, so I don't have too much to take with me. However it is hard to pack light when you have presents to get home too. I have a few tips on how to pack light and get organised to reduce the load that you will have to carry around with you on your journey back home.

1) Make a list of all of the days and what you will be doing on those days. This will help you plan outfits for each day, meaning you won't have to take your whole wardrobe with you just in case. Mine looks a little something like this:

MONDAY- Travelling all day, then dinner with mum.
TUESDAY- Catching up with friends.
WEDNESDAY- Catching up with friends in the evening.
THURSDAY- CHRISTMAS DAY over auntie Jo's.
FRIDAY- try and see everyone you didn't have time to.
SATURDAY- Travelling all day back to Falmouth.

Travelling outfit. Yoga pants are a must for me.

2) Using this list think about outfits for each day. Think about if you need it to transition to day to night, whether it is a casual day or a more dressed up day. I have packed almost completely dresses. They are perfect for packing light as they are almost your whole outfit in one item. I then pack tights and a couple of layers like cardigans that I can mix and match to keep me cosy.

Dresses are a life saver if you want to save space in your case.

3) Try to pick a couple of pairs of shoes that will go with everything you have planned outfit wise. Where your comfy plan on the days you are travelling. Then you only have one pair to fit in your case.



4) Roll your clothes up. Sounds strange but trust me it saves a lot of room.

Make sure you don't forget things like toiletries and makeup. Select your makeup based on your list, plan what you can use and will need. Remember you can always buy toiletries when you arrive. If you are only going to be there for a short time and don't want to have to bring full sized products with you, you can by travel sizes.


In total, for one week away I have a small suitcase with my clothes, makeup and toiletries and all of the presents I need to take back with me... And yes it does close :) I also have a second bag with everything I will need on the train, my laptop, chargers, phone, purse, tickets, headphones snacks etc.

So thats how I pack light for a trip home. I hope that there are some tips in here that will help you next time you have a trip planned. 

See you next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment