Sunday 14 December 2014

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

Come and get Christmasy with me. Get snuggled, press play, and lets get decorating!

This weekend the mission for myself and Jacob was to get the Christmas Tree! We're only two weeks away from Christmas and it has taken us this long to get round to it. It took us a while to decide on what type of tree we were going to get. Did we want real? Did we want fake? Which would be safer for the dog to be around?


In the end we went with a fake tree as the place we were looking at was out of the size trees we were looking for. They only had the amazingly tall and expensive real ones left. So we settled on this one which only cost us £15. It's branches aren't the fullest, but this is mine and Jacobs first Christmas tree together and I have to say now that it is decorated with all of our personalised and homemade ornaments I think it's looking rather lovely.


We had all of the decorations already, some were gifts from last year and this year, some we already had and some we made. The lights we used were a strand of LED star lights that I already had running along the bookcase. The brighter fox and dear decorations were a gift from Abigail last year and the fox in the photo above was actually made for me by her mum this year (big thanks Jan, it has taken pride of place at the top of the tree!). I already had some small glass baubles that I had been using to decorate a houseplant that we have in our bedroom and lastly I made some personalised ornaments of myself, Jacob and RED a couple of weeks ago. 

If you would like to read how I made my own ornaments please go check out:



I have even managed to start wrapping some presents up and getting stockings ready! The paper, tags and ribbons are all from Wilkos and were really inexpensive. In total around £4 for everything and as I don't have a super huge amount of people to by for, this should do the majority, if not all of the presents.


Getting the tree and decorations up has really got me excited for Christmas now. It has given the front room such a nice homely warm feel to it that makes me so happy!

Now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that my mischievous pooch doesn't get into any "accidents" with the tree and that it will last until I am back from visiting family and celebrating a belated Christmas with my little family here in Falmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment